All ArtistWorks subscriptions are set to automatically renew, by default. This means that your subscription will renew automatically at the end of your purchased subscription time until, unless you cancel the auto-renewal. Our auto renewal policy is stated several times during the Checkout process as well as on your emailed invoice/receipt and in the Terms of Service.
You can cancel the automatic renewal at any time by following the steps below.
- Log into your ArtistWorks account and click on your username (see green arrow below):
- Choose "My Accounts" from the drop down menu.
- When the page opens, click the blue View tab next to "Current Memberships".
- You may need to scroll up the page a bit to see the "Current Memberships" section.
- Click on the "cancel auto renew" link affiliated with the subscription you want to modify (see red circle below):
Once you refresh the page, you'll no longer see the prompt to "cancel auto renew" and the word "Cancelled" (not Active) will display under the "Auto Renew" column.
NOTE: If you do not see the "cancel auto renew" prompt and the "Auto Renew" column (to the left) says "Cancelled", this means that your auto renewal was already cancelled at a previous time. There is no further action you need to take. Your subscription will expire at the end of your plan.
If you paid with PayPal, you can sometimes find that clicking the “cancel auto renewal” link in your Settings page won't work. This is because there can be an issue with PayPal which causes the cancellation link to error out for some subscriptions. Don't worry, you can still cancel auto renewal. You just have to do it through the PayPal site.
- Log into your PayPal account.
- Go to "My Profile".
- Click on "My Money", then "My Pre-approved Payments".
- Find ArtistWorks in the list of your vendors.
- Cancel the recurring billing profile.
You will always know if your auto renewal is still active or has already been cancelled by going to your "My Account" page and then clicking on "Current Memberships". Here, you'll see the status of each of your subscriptions (see red arrow).
Canceling the auto-renewal will not result in immediate loss of services. You will have access to your ArtistWorks music school until the end of the subscription plan period at which time your subscription will expire. When your subscription expires, you'll no longer have access to the lessons, Video Exchanges (yours or other students), forums, etc. If you would like to rejoin the school in the future, all of your content and Video Exchanges will be waiting for you when you return.
Once you cancel auto-renewal, it can not be turned back on.
Click here to learn how to rejoin ArtistWorks or purchase a new subscription.