There are a variety of reasons why videos sometimes don't play properly. In order to diagnose your issues, please first try the steps below. Most students are able to resolve the playback issues this way:
- If you've not done so recently, completely close and restart the browser.
- Pause the video allowing it to load before you try to play it (let it buffer). Note: For buffering issues, please see this article: Video Keeps Buffering
- Close all other programs and windows while on the ArtistWorks site.
- If you're using Internet Explorer or Firefox, try using an alternative browser such as Safari or Chrome as these browsers work best with our platform.
- Whichever browser you choose to use, make sure that you're using the most recent version.
- Clear the cache (also known as 'temporary internet files') on your browser. You can clear your cache or cookies by holding down the Shift key on your keyboard and clicking on the "refresh" button at the same time. The refresh button is located to the left or the right of your browser bar depending on which browser you use. On Google Chrome, your refresh button is located to the left of your browser bar, as shown by the blue arrow below:
- You can also click here to learn more about clearing caches: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache
For iPad users, you can do a hard refresh by following these steps: Go into Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data
If you try these suggestions and the videos still aren't playing properly, please submit a ticket to our Customer Service team so that we may help you troubleshoot the issue further. Please include your music school, the video lesson you're unable to watch, and information regarding your specific issue.
You can find our Customer Service link at the bottom of any ArtistWorks page.