If you're getting an error message while attempting to upload a video for your teacher's review, please check the following:
- Is your video one of our accepted filetypes? We accept .mp4, .mov, .flv, and .wmv files
- Is your video within our size limits? The maximum video size is 500mb. If your video is slightly too large, you can try compressing it. Instructions on how to compress videos can be found here.
If the size and filetype of your video are acceptable, please try the following steps:
- If you've not done so recently, reboot your computer.
- Close all other programs and windows while attempting to upload your video.
- If you're using Internet Explorer or Firefox, try using an alternative browser such as Safari or Chrome.
- No matter which browser you use, make sure you have the most recent version installed.
- Clear the cache (also known as 'temporary internet files') or cookies on your browser: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache
- Ensure that your video title does not contain duplicated punctuation marks or uncommon characters.
- You may only upload video files. Our platform will not accept audio-only files, PDFs, Word documents, etc.
Make sure that you're uploading your video for a Video Exchange (through your Learn page) and not to the "My Videos" tab (through your Community page).
If you're using an iPad to create your videos, you may find that the files are coming out too large to upload on our site (videos must be 500MB or less). You can easily compress your iPad videos by following the steps below:
- Download this free app"Video Compressor - Just set the target size!" which you can access by clicking here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/video-compressor-just-set-the-target-size/id825584875?mt=8
Open the app and film your video submission using the camera icon located in the upper left corner of the app from your iPad. You can flip the camera to Selfie mode from here (it looks just like your normal camera mode).
- When you've filmed your video, drag the Target Size bar down to approximately 300MB (while we require 500MB or less, setting the target size to 500 will take longer to upload).
Click Save (top right corner) and it will compress your video. This may take a few minutes depending on how large your video is.
Your video is now saved to your camera roll in a compressed format making it easy and ready to upload from there.
If your videos still won't upload properly after trying these suggestions, please contact our Customer Service team by clicking on the Customer Service tab at the bottom of any ArtistWorks page.